Throughout his 35 year career Umit has published close to 200 papers in international journals and conferences. The following are some of the most significant papers:
- Bititci U S, Cocca P & Ates A (2015): Impact of visual performance management systems on the performance management practices of organisations, International Journal of Production Research, Published on line awaiting hard copy publication details. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2015.1005770
- Bititci, U S, Garengo, P, Nudurupati, S, Ates, A, 2014, Value of maturity models in performance measurement, International Journal of Production Research, Published on line awaiting hard copy publication details. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2014.970709
Melnyk, S A, Bititci, U S, Platts, K, Andersen B and Tobias, J, 2014, Is Performance Measurement and Management Fit For The Future?, Management Accounting Research 25 (2014), pp. 173–186
- Aylin Ates, Patrizia Garengo, Paola Cocca, Umit Bititci, 2013, The development of SME managerial practice for effective performance management, Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Vol. 20 Issue: 1 pp. 28 – 54 , ISSN 1462-6004, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/14626001311298402
- Bititci U S, Firat S U O, Garengo P, 2013, How to compare performances of firms operating in different sectors?, Production Planning and Control, vol 24, no 12. ISSN 0953-7287. DOI: 10.1080/09537287.2011.643829
- Bititci U, Garengo P, Dorfler V and Nudurupati S, 2012, Performance measurement challenges for tomorrow, International Journal of Management Reviews. Vol. 14, 305–327 (2012) – DOI: 10.1111/j.1468-2370.2011.00318.x
- Bititci U S, Ackermann F, Ates A, Davies J, Garengo P, Gibb S, MacBryde J, Mackay D, Maguire C, van der Meer R, Shafti F, Bourne M, Firat S U, (2011) “Managerial processes: business process that sustain performance“, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol. 31 Isse: 8, pp. 851 – 891 (ISSN 0144-3577).
- Bititci, U S, 2007, An Executives Guide to Business Transformation, Emerald Business Strategy Series, vol. 8 no. 3, pp. 203-213, (ISSN 0894-4318).
- Bititci US; Mendibil M; Nudurupati S; Turner T; Garengo P, 2006, Dynamics of Performance measurement and organizational culture, International Journal of Operations and Production Management. Vol. 26, Number 12, pp1325- 1350.
- Garengo P, Biazzo, S, Bititci U, 2005, Performance measurement systems in SMEs: A review for a research agenda, International Journal of Management Reviews, Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 25–47, March 2005
- Bititci U S, Albores P, Martinez M, 2003, “Measuring and Managing Performance in Collaborative Systems: The what and the how“, Production Planning and Control, vol 14, no 5, pp 410-424, (ISSN 0144-3577)
- Bititci U S and Nudrupati S, (2002), “Web Based Performance Measurement Systems: Management Implications“, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, vol. 22, no. 11, pp 1273-1287 (ISSN 0144-3577).
- Bititci U S (2000), “Dynamics of Performance Measurement Systems”, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol 20, no. 6, pp 692-704, (ISSN 0953-7287)
- Bititci, U.S., Carrie, Allan S. and McDevitt, L., 1997, “Integrated Performance Measurement Systems: An Audit And Development Guide”, The TQM Magazine, Vol. 9, No.1, 1997, MCB University Press, ISSN 0954-478X, pp 46-53.
- Bititci U S, Carrie A S, McDevitt L G, 1997, “Integrated Performance Measurement Systems: A Development Guide”, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, vol 17 no 6, May/June 1997, MCB University Press,ISSN 0144-3577, pp. 522-535.
- Bititci U S, “Measuring Your Way to Profit“, International Journal of Management Decision, MCB Press, vol 32, no 6, June 1994, ISSN 0025-1747, pp 16-24.