Umit is regularly invited to talk at international and national conferences, workshops and meetings. Over the years he has appeared in over 50 coferences and seminars as a guest or key note speaker. A selection of his more recent talks are listed below.
- Invited Speaker “Where there is balance there is performance” – Innovating Works workshop, Edinburgh, UK, 24 February 2015.
- Key note speaker “Balancing Organisational Controls” – Irish Business Excellence Conference, 15-16 October 2014.
- Hosted a workshop “Creating adaptive high value organisations – A case study with Progress Rail” as part of the Scottish Manufacturing Conference, 12 June 2014.
- Key note speaker “Managing Sustainable Performance” at the National Production Management Research Conference, Sakarya, Turkey, September 2013.
- Key note speaker “Creating an adaptive pharmaceutical sector” at the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Leaders Form, Bratislava, Slovakia, February 2013.
- Featured speaker “Performance measurement: Future challenges“, 6th Annual conference of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (USA), Reno, Nevada, 21-25 May 2011.
- Organiser and chair “The Scottish Innovation System” at the “Business in Parliament Conference” that was held at the Scottish Parliament, June 2009 – by invitation from Jim Mather, MSP (Scottish Government)
- Key note speaker “Adaptive companies – Sustainable Performance” at the Irish Academy of Management Conference, September 2009, Galway, Ireland.